Who doesn’t know about Lotus Notes? It is a business email client used by small to large businesses. It is now HCL Notes. If you want to use Lotus Notes, you can get its subscription. With subscription of this email client, you can receive real time updated information of its features. Several advantages you can get. What about if you Lotus Notes certificate has expired? Is it possible to access your Lotus Notes account? Can you view your emails, contacts, and other properties? It requires renewal of the IBM Notes certificate.
While using Lotus Notes for your business, you require logging in of this app. In other words, you require a valid Notes certificate that identifies you. The certificate holds validation date and other details to use the app.
As a regular user of HCL Notes, it is essential to keep track of the license expiration date and its renewal. In this way, you can renew the license before, you get the expiration notice. If your license has expired, whenever you try to access the email client, you get the message of “Server Error: Your certificate has expired.”
Here is a guide to help you fix the problem. I hope you will find the solution helpful.
Valid Certificate Recertification
The best solution is recertifying your credentials when they are in effect. However, the admin can perform the task.
Here are the steps your admin team will perform to recertify as a Notes administrator.
- Access HCL Notes in administrator mode, sign in with the old credentials.
- Expand Certification in the right-hand pane by hitting the Configuration tab. After that, select Certify from the list of possibilities.
- Choose the user whose Lotus Notes ID is going to expire.
- It will open the ID box for the Certifier. Select O or OU as mentioned in the certificate, It will be in your original certificate.
- Provide the password of the Lotus Notes ID file.
- You can enter the registration server values, certificate expiry date, and password length in the Certify dialogue box.
- Hit the Certify tab to complete the process.
When completing the process, you will receive a successful notice on your account. Now, you can access your data.
Remember, you require obtaining your ID from your admin as the recertification process takes place. After this, you can carry out the following steps:
File > Security > User Security > Your Identity > Your Certificates Obtain certifications Certificate for Notes Import (Merge).
You have your password.
As you access Lotus Notes with your new ID, you will get the notification of merging data of the previous ID. Press the button yes to combine data successfully.
Also Read :- Fix Lotus Notes Error 1325
Certificate Recertification for Expired Documents
Remember, if you miss to recertify your account before it expires, the next process can be more complex. Here you first recertify the server ID. After that, you renew the server ID.
- Activate administrator mode in the application. .
- Modify the server’s expiration date.ID database.
- Choose Configuration, then Tools and finally, ID Properties on the menu. A server ID file must be selected.
- Last place the upgraded ID. Restore your id file to the server (C: HCLdomino data).
- Now restart the server.
- After that follow the abovementioned steps.
Obstacles to Recertification
Recertifying is a painful process, especially when you are busy and the license has expired. You require admin assistance for recertification. In this process, you may face delay. Therefore, the best practice is to keep track of your certificate’s expiration date to save time and effort. Looking at the problem of certification, you can move your Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook for Windows. Like Lotus Notes, Outlook is also an advanced application.
One of the best things about moving to Outlook is that you don’t’ require any certificates. It is easy to renew MS Outlook also also. A PST file of Outlook can store emails, contacts, notes, journals and other elements. It retains the original structure. It functions like Lotus Notes. The Microsoft product can be inevitable choice for users. The users interface of Outlook is user friendly than Lotus Notes.
If you have made your mind to convert from NSF files to Outlook , you can consider the Softaken NSF Converter. It is an advanced utility to use on your Windows system. The app can be a well suitable choice for business of all sizes.
Choose Professional – Softaken NSF File Conversion Software
A sophisticated utility called Softaken NSF to PST Converter Software is one stop for NSF file data conversion as the app supports conversion of NSF files to Outlook PST, EML, MSG, TXT, HTML, PDF, and more. The app exports NSF files of any size. It supports all HCL Notes versions.
Some Advanced Features of the Application
- A reliable conversion program to use on your system.
- The app has easy-to-use user interface to make conversion easy and without technical assistance.
- Enable you to convert specific NSF files to get control over results
- Create a log report after conversion.
- The advanced conversion app allows custom conversion of NSF to Outlook by exporting only selective folders of NSF files.
- Multiple conversion support makes it a suitable choice and a wonderful app to invest
- The licensed version is valid for unlimited duration to use as long as you desire.
- It is a lightweight and bug free application to immigrate data.
- Lotus Notes prior installation is essential to convert data safely.
The free demo trial is available to install right now.
What are you looking for? Go ahead to give a try to the application on your system. The utility is one of the best choices for conversion of NSF files.