Do you know, Thunderbird is no more a simple email client? Recently, a new address book has launched for Thunderbird that saves data in .sqlite.
Thunderbird address book Old data folder:
abook.mab – Personal Address Book
history.mab – Collected Contacts & Address Book
Latest Thunderbird Address Book Data Directory-
abook.sqlite – Personal Address Book
history.sqlite– Collected Address Book
Thunderbird Address Book File Location:
Thunderbird email client has a different profile name folder by default on this path:
C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\
In case of converting Thunderbird address book location, you can follow the given steps-
- Install and run the Thunderbird Email Client.
- Navigate the Tools menu and select Address Book here
- Select the Tools tab in the Address book menu
- Hit Export to start the process
- Select CSV from the given list
- Provide a unique name to the file and press the Save button
The new address book is not favorite of everyone. Users are facing some technical issues.
New TB Address Book Format Issues You May Deal:
scenario is here:
- What a mess! as a user of Thunderbird. I like the open source to manage my emails and basic email activities. Before using the new TV Address Book edition, I only need to copy my previous databases on the new system on the same profile path when I want to upgrade Thunderbird.
- Recently, I bought a new system with Windows 10 and download Thunderbird v78 because of the system hardware issues. It tried to transfer the profile in a traditional manner. But, Thunderbird gave me an incompatibility warning.
- In this system, Thunderbird has no address book. It is why the Send button becomes irresponsive.
In this situation, I left with no solution to let Thunderbird v78 recognize the abook. mab or history.mab files. I have recently taken the backup of Thunderbird files.
Read Also:- Convert Contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook
Fix Thunderbird 78 Contacts Manually
- Since TB v78 supports abook.sqlite file format to keep contacts, the foremost step is to create a new profile.
- Go to Help/Troubleshooting & then select Profiles.
- A new profile will open, locate the Help/troubleshooting button. Hit Open folder to access the profile & then close the Thunderbird. Copy your old abook.mab & history.mab files from your existing profile to a new one.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
However, you perform to accomplish the task manually. There is a risk of data loss and require high technical knowledge. Users may be loss their important data or files , so i think it’s not the perfect solution for users who looking for errors free tool.
Conversion of Thunderbird Data to MS Outlook Automatically
When you compare Thunderbird to MS Outlook, there is no match for Outlook. It is a sophisticated application. An Outlook user can use the email client to get the best output. A PST file can hold emails, contacts, notes, journals, and tasks. From the point of security, MS Outlook can outperform Thunderbird. Outlook offers a safe emailing experience. A PST file can be locked to use unethically.
Your data is private with Outlook. By integrating Outlook with Exchange Server or Office 365, you can enhance the features of the application. There is a lot to tell about MS Outlook. You can switch from Thunderbird to MS Outlook swiftly and with top accuracy by using Softaken Thunderbird to MS Outlook Converter. Softaken is a pioneer in providing Outlook conversion solutions. The platform offers a range of applications to fix email client-related issues.
Significant Key Features of Softaken Thunderbird to Outlook Converter
- The application offers bulk conversion. Enable users to export single or as many Thunderbird files as they want.
- It is an independent program to install and run. Hence, it doesn’t need a prior installation of MS Outlook and Thunderbird for conversion.
- The app displays a preview of the exported data on its preview pane. Each email can be previewed with attachments.
- It has options to load Thunderbird files directly from Thunderbird.
- It allows users to create a single PST file for all MBOX files or a separate PST file for each MBOX file.
- The exported data can save as per your choice for naming. You can choose a subject or unique ID.
- The filtration tab allows you to filter specific files by date. Enter the start and the end dates to filter and save those specific MBOX files.
Steps to Run the program-
- Download and launch the application
- Upload specific Thunderbird MBOX files from local folders
- Get a preview of the uploaded MBOX files if you want
- Select the appropriate export option ( you can choose only one option at a time)
- Provide a unique name to the new folder
- Filter data as per the date range
- Select the output location as per your choice
- Press the Export Now tab to complete the process
Thunderbird is one of the best applications for basic needs. If you want advanced email clients, Thunderbird to Outlook conversion would be profitable.