How to Transfer Contacts from Excel Spreadsheet to Apple Address Book immediately?
Apple Mail is the default email application in Mac OS X. Apple Address book is the central repository of the information which can be easily accessed and used on various other applications.
Excel is also very popular among users for managing contact information. The whole contact information like email address, mobile number, home address, business address etc. is saved in Excel sheet. Excel manages this information in tabular format.
Let us explore this post to import Excel contacts to Apple Address Book in few steps.
2 Steps to Export Contacts from Excel to Mac Address Book
You must follow the mentioned 2 steps to easily import Excel contacts to Apple Address Book immediately.
- Convert Excel sheets into vCard format
- Import the exported VCF contacts into Apple Mail
Step 1. Export Contacts from Excel to VCF
For this export process, use Softaken XLSX to vCard Converter. Check the complete working process of this application with the steps discussed below –
- Download and run the software on your Windows machine.
- A screen appears where you need to add Excel file with the help of the Browse button.
- Now, the tool shows the preview of Excel file data. Here, you can map the contact details of Excel sheet with vCard file.
- After this, provide an output location where you want to save the resultant vCard files.
- Now, you can check for various advanced features offered by the tool. Check "treat first row as header" if you want to set the first row as a header. Checking "export all v-cards in single VCF file" will create single vCard file for all contacts.
- Click Export Now once the above steps are completed. This will begin the conversion process.
The tool supports working with all versions of MS Excel and vCard versions like V 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0.
Step 2. Import vCard files into Apple Address Book
Follow the steps to move vCard contact files to Apple Mail –
- Open Mac Address Book.
- Now, open vCard file folder which you would like to import in Mac Address Book.
- Drag the vCard file into Apple address book and click on Add option.
- After that, the contacts will get imported in the address book. You can see the preview of contacts in the contact list.
The mechanism to import excel sheet contacts to Apple Address Book can be easily accomplished by the above-stated method. After that, the contacts are successfully moved to Mac Address Book which you saved in Excel sheet. For more queries, you can contact us at any time.