Windows Live Mail email client is now lacking behind because of Outlook. People are switching Windows Live Mail in large numbers and moving towards Outlook. When a user wants to perform the migration, they require Windows Live Mail email messages and contacts conversion to MS Outlook. A user requires the old database so the conversion becomes mandatory. Here is an article where we are providing you instant solutions by which a user can easily convert Windows Live Mail messages and contacts to Outlook 2016.
Let's discuss the conversion of Windows Live Mail messages to Outlook first and then exporting Windows Live Mail contacts to Outlook process.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook application on your system.
2. Also start Windows Live Mail.
3. In WLM, go to the menu, click on File and choose Export and then select email messages
4. Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next
5. A message will be shown stating that all email messages will be exported to MS Outlook or MS Exchange. Click OK.
6. Select the folder you want to migrate and hit the OK button
7. After completing Export process, a new Window appears showing successful export. Hit Finish button.
For quick and safe migration, you can easily use Softaken EML to PST Converter software. The software works with every size WLM file and easily export multiple EML files to Outlook at one cycle. The software allows you to export Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010, 2003 etc. The application performs the conversion without losing a single bit information.
1. Freshly, download EML to Outlook Conversion Tool on your Windows system.
2. When you run the utility, it asks you to add EML file or folders whom you want to transfer to PST.
3. Choose option to save in PST – new PST or exiting PST file. You can remove duplicate files by enabling 'Remove Duplicate Content' option.
4. Select an output destination to save the resultant PST files. Finally, hit the Convert Now button.
Later on, you can easily import PST file in Outlook 2016 and any version Outlook by the given steps –
Next, we move towards migration of WLM contacts to Windows Outlook 2016. Perform the given steps for this. This conversion is summarized into two stages –
1. Start Windows Live Mail application.
2. Click on Contacts folder
3. Click on export option and select Comma Separated Value (CSV)
4. A CSV Export Window is opened, click on Browse and select Desktop folder
5. In field name, type WLM contacts and then save
6. Click on Next option and select the field that you want to migrate
7. Click Finish option and wait for the export process
8.Close Windows Live Mail application
1. Run Outlook email client
2. Go to File menu, select Open > Click Import/Export
3. Choose Import from another program or file and then click Next
4. Choose Comma Separated Value (Windows) and then click Next
5. Click on Browse and select WLM Contacts which you have exported and saved on your desktop folder.
6. Click Next and check the contacts folder is selected or not.
7. Finally, hit the Finish button and wait for the process to complete.
In this article, two ways are stated to migrate WLM emails and contacts to MS Outlook. A user should keep in mind that the manual solution might fail in some circumstances. In this case, users find a swift solution named Softaken EML to PST Conversion Tool which is simple to follow, safe and works in all situations. You can check every characteristic of the software with a free version.