Outlook which is a famous and emerging email application provided by Microsoft. Outlook stores emails, contacts, notes, journals, calendars etc. Here we are talking about Outlook Address Book. It has been found several times that people are looking forward to export/import/move/copy and backup Outlook contacts. The article will provide you full guidance to understand Outlook Address Book and how to move contacts from one system to another or from one email client to another.
Default location of PAB file in different Windows versions –
Windows XP/ Windows Server 2003
C: Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Steps to export Outlook Address Book in Outlook 2016 are discussed below –
1. Open Microsoft Outlook application.
2. Click Open & Export and then Import/Export
3. Select Export to a file. Click Next.
4. Choose Comma Separated Values. Click Next.
5. Select Contacts folder under Personal folders. Press Next option.
6. Click on Browse option and choose a name & location to save the exported files. Click Next.
7. Click on the Finish button.
Note: Few steps may be changed due to different Outlook versions.
Outlook contacts are stored in CSV or VCF file format. If you want to import contacts to Outlook Address Book, you can import CSV files or VCF files.
1. Open Outlook application. Go to File menu.
2. Click on Open and Export and then select Import/Export option.
3. Select Import from another program or file from the list of options and Click Next.
4. Browse CSV file that you want to import.
5. Choose an option to remove or allow duplicates. Click on Next option.
6. Select a destination folder to save the contacts and click Next option.
7. Click on Finish button.
8. To see the contacts, choose People icon at the bottom of Outlook.
No need to possess more technical knowledge. With the above discussed steps, you can easily manage your Outlook Address Book. A little bit knowledge is enough to manage your Outlook Address Book.