Complete Process to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Office 365
Lotus Notes is one of the strong and secured email clients used by business organizations. To use this client for a daily basis, it is tough to manage daily work as users need a simplified interface application. On the other hand, Office 365 is a web-based email service that can be accessed from anywhere so users are moving in large numbers towards Office 365.
Those users who want to migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365 can go through this useful article that proves to be fruitful for them to perform the migration.
Requirements for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- Lotus Notes client maintenance seems to be a little tough for the users as it involves high cost.
- With Office 365, users can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
- With Office 365, you will have access to the latest versions of Office.
- There are various Office 365 business plans whom you can opt as per your needs.
- Office 365 is a subscription-based service with a low monthly fee.
- Office 365 has lots of in-built security features to keep data safe such as mobile device management, data loss prevention, advance threat analytics etc.
Ways to convert Lotus Notes to Exchange or O365
The migration of IBM Notes to Exchange can be performed using –
- IMAP Connector
- Professional Approach
Method 1. Using IMAP Connector
Below are the mentioned steps for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration with IMAP Connector –
- Backup NSF files
First, the users need to save a backup of NSF files of Lotus Notes to prevent the risk of data loss. This will save the original files from corruption and any further issues.
- Create new mailboxes
Now, create a new mailbox for each NSF user with a Lotus Notes account.
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port
The next step is to enable IMAP TCP/IP for all users. Follow the steps for this –
- Open Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes client.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Click on Ports > Internet Ports and then on Mail tab.
- In IMAP option, change TCP/IP status enabled.
- Click on the Save button to update the changes and close the application.
- Sync with IMAP Connector
Finally, connect to the IMAP Connector to synchronize emails in Office 365 from Lotus Notes client.
Know why the manual solution fails
The Lotus Notes to O365 Migration process comes with many problems. These are listed below –
- Only people who are technically experts can handle the manual process.
- More than 1 GB NSF file is not migrated using the manual solution.
- IMAP Connection is not permitted if the Lotus Notes client is in a disabled state.
- Calendar entries show issues and slow down the migration process.
- The firewall of Lotus Notes may block the internet connection.
- The conversion process is quite lengthy and may take hours.
Method 2. Third-party tool – Softaken NSF to PST Converter
To avoid facing the above limitations, the users can opt the software method that simplifies the process and convert NSF files of Lotus Notes to Outlook data file. The application has a self-explanatory interface that provides safe, rapid and enhanced conversion experience. A complete data transfer from IBM Notes to Outlook PST is done by the utility. Follow the given steps in sequence –
- Browse NSF file
Download and run the application. Use the Browse button and add NSF file of any size to the software panel.
- Specify Export Type
The software scans the whole NSF file and provides a complete viewing of NSF internal folders. Then, choose PST format for saving NSF file in Outlook client.
- Output Location
Finally, pick an output destination to save the output PST files. Place the mouse cursor to Convert Now button to start the process.
Export PST file to Office 365
Once you got PST file, this PST file can be imported to Office 365 with few steps working with another tool of Softaken named PST to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- Add PST file with the Browse button.
- Provide Office 365 account details – username and password.
- Choose Export Type – Primary mailbox or Archive mailbox.
Migration from desktop-based application to the cloud becomes now simple for the users with this article having two different solutions. The users can opt the method by analyzing and comparing both the solutions as their requirements. It is also noted that the professional solution is mostly recommended by the experts as it is an effortless and hassle-free solution.