No doubt that Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird are the most seeking email client by users. Both clients have their own features. With the popularity of MS Outlook, Thunderbird is competing with Outlook because Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source email service. If you are a user who has shifted recently to Thunderbird from Outlook and want to export MS Outlook contacts to Thunderbird. You can simply find the solution for this conversion in this detailed article where you will find step by step process to move PST contacts to Thunderbird client.
The technique to transfer Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird is divided into two main parts –
The first task a user should do is to export contacts from MS Outlook in Comma Separated Value(CSV) format.
The next step is to export CSV file into Thunderbird email client to access Outlook contacts into Mozilla Thunderbird email service.
Steps to export MS Outlook Address Book contacts to CSV file format
1. Open Outlook application on your system. Go to File Menu > Advanced options.
2. You will find Open and Export then choose Import/Export option.
3. Choose Export to a file from the available options. Click on the Next option.
4. Choose Comma Separated Values from the options. Then, click on the Next option.
5. Export to a file wizard opens. Choose Contacts folders from select folder to export and then click on the Next button.
6. Select the desired output location where you want to save the exported files.
7. Give a file name and choose Comma Separated Value in Save as type.
8. You will see the Import and Export Progress which is shown in the image below. Once the process completes successfully, click on Next and then on the Finish button.
After exporting Outlook contacts in CSV format, the next step is to import CSV file to Mozilla Thunderbird. Follow the mentioned below steps –
1. To begin the process, open Thunderbird client and go to the Tools menu from the right navigation panel.
2. Choose Import option from the drop-down menu.
Now, click the radio button to Address Books under Import Window to import contact files and click the Next option.
3. You will find a list of options in front of your eyes. Click the Text file option (LDIF, .tab, .csv, .txt) option and then click on the Next button.
4. Now go to the Browse option and locate the path where you have exported contacts from Outlook. Double click the CSV file.
5. Select the checkbox next to the first record contains field names
6. Now click Move Up and Move Down button to check Outlook contact fields as to that of Thunderbird contact fields.
7. Finally, click Ok and then click on Finish option
Note: To do the conversion, you need Outlook and Thunderbird installed on your system.
With the above article, you will find a complete procedure to import Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, contacts to Thunderbird without any inconvenience. A proper and step by step guidance to convert PST contacts to Thunderbird is given.
If you need to export PST emails into Thunderbird, we will provide you a swift solution for this named Softaken PST to MBOX Converter. This application will perfectly convert all or your selected emails from Outlook to Thunderbird with few clicks.