Outlook Express and Outlook both are the email clients of Microsoft. However, Outlook Express has become obsolete and is not compatible to the latest Windows operating system. Outlook is a modern and popular email client with improved features. Outlook acts as a personal information manager for users to easily manage contacts, calendars, journals, notes, tasks etc. So, when a user upgrades to higher Windows versions. The problem arises that the higher versions of Windows don't support Outlook Express. Hence, the users have to upgrade Outlook Express to Outlook 2010.
With the upgraded Windows version, you need to move Outlook Express data to Outlook client. Outlook Express supports DBX file format and Outlook supports PST file format so there is a need to convert DBX to PST format to move emails and other information from OE to Outlook 2010. With this beneficial article, we are going to discuss methods to transfer OE Account settings, emails, contacts, and rules to Outlook 2010.
Find the steps to export OE Account Settings to Outlook 2010 –
Steps to export emails and address book from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 –
Drawbacks of the manual method
If you find the manual process not suitable for you. Here is an alternate solution for you i.e. third-party solution. Softaken DBX to PST Converter is one of the easiest solutions to export Outlook Express emails to Outlook client. To view Outlook Express files to Outlook, a user first needs to convert DBX file to PST format which is easily imported to Outlook. The software works with any size DBX file to export into PST format. You can download the software to any Windows operating system and perform the migration without any interruptions.
The software has only a few steps of working to migrate DBX to PST format –
1. Freshly, download and install DBX to Outlook Converter on your Windows system.
2. Run the application. The software asks you to load DBX files whom you want to convert to PST.
3. Once the DBX files are loaded, the software scans them and provide a Preview of the loaded files.
4. In the Export Options, choose Convert to PST format.
5. In other options, choose New PST or existing PST file.
6. Go to the Browse button and choose an output destination to save the resultant PST files. Finally, hit the Convert Now option.
Once DBX file is converted to PST format, you can easily import PST file to Outlook with the mentioned steps –