Causes of Outlook PST Corruption
It is annoying to handle file corruption issues. Outlook PST files can corrupt or damage which can be disturbing for you. There are various reasons that can trigger Outlook PST damage or corruption. These issues are primarily divided into two parts- Hardware and Software issues.
- Data Storage Device Damage- When your computer hard drive crash, you can lose your PST files.
- Network Device Problem- PST files reside on Network Servers and while trying to take information from a client computer machine, you may face network defect due to network links. If network cables, cards etc… connected to the network links causing issues, PST files may corrupt.
- Power Problem- While you are trying to access PST files, power failure problem is face, you may face PST file damage or corruption issue.
- File System Recovery- It is one of the most prime reasons for damaging PST files. When you have noticed the file system damage issue, PST files too can corrupt at the time. PST data may be missed or overwritten.
- Virus – Outlook can face virus attack which can make your PST data inaccessible. To protect your Outlook data from viruses it is must to install authorized anti-virus software.
- Exceeding the Size of PST may cause damage of PST file. The limit of such files can exceed up to 50 GB but the limit may damage your PST data. It is advised to keep your PST file size small to save your important files.
How to Recover PST Items
Recovery of PST items can be possible. Scanpst.exe is the Microsoft tool which can repair PST table holding information of folders and sub-folders. The free inbox repair tool is available without any cost.