Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most popular email clients among individuals and businesses. The email client is available for free to users. It supports basic functions like emailing, filtration of emails, etc. MBOX is the file format of Mozilla Thunderbird and 25+ other email clients.
Reasons Why Users like to Switch from Mozilla Thunderbird
Users often complain of email account setup issues with Mozilla Thunderbird. The email client doesn’t connect to the server. The problem can fix by using the correct password and checking server settings.
Sometimes users complain of being unable to delete messages. It may occur because of a corrupted trash folder. It may possible that Thunderbird freezes. You can re-launch the application to fix the issue. The freezing problem makes the application slow.
Thunderbird has IMAP server errors that occur because of the configuration of the IMAP server like Courier-IMAP.
Thunderbird issues are difficult to tackle sometimes because there are no active platforms from where you can ask for help. However, you can contact Mozilla through Facebook while facing technical issues on Thunderbird. Its team may reply to you.
If you want to move Thunderbird data, manual and automated solutions can help you. The article provides manual and automated solutions to let you find a suitable one.
Method #1. Using Attachment Extractor
- For this, install the Attachment Extractor add-on from the Mozilla add-on library.
- Run Thunderbird and choose the Add-on
- Hit a gear icon and choose the “Install Add-Ons from File…” option.
- Select the XPI File by browsing and hitting the open button.
- Press the Install Now tab on the software installation Dialog box.
- Restart the app.
- After that, right-click on the file from which you want to extract attachments and select the “Extract All Attachments to…” option.
- Choose the desired path to save the extracted attachments and press “Select Folder”.
- Once the extraction task is complete, you are able to view these attachments in the local folder.
The method works only for Thunderbird 2.0 to 16.0 versions. It doesn’t support Thunderbird 17.0 and above.
Method #2. Using an Automated Extractor Tool
Among the varieties of options to choose from Softaken MBOX Attachment Extractor is one of the finest applications to install and try. The professional utility extracts all attachments from MBOX files in bulk, including PDF, DOC, RAR, TXT, XLS, etc. It is a standalone program. It means it doesn’t need a third-party application to extract data.
Steps to Extract All Attachments from Thunderbird
- Installing Softaken MBOX Attachment Extractor-
- Download and launch the application on your system
- Select the MBOX files by clicking on the “Browse” button
- Click on the Browse button again to save the extracted attachments locally
- Select the folder and the file extension
- Hit the process button to complete the extraction task
A third-party application is one of the best alternatives to a manual extraction solution. You can choose a suitable solution by looking at your priority.