When it comes to storing data safely, we often use either an external hard drive or cloud storage. An external hard drive helps to get over the data storage issue by expanding the storage limit. It has a port to connect it with a system. The technology market offers an array of external hard drives. Many of them are locally made and some are branded. It is safe to use a branded external hard drive of companies like Toshiba, Samsung, Hitachi, and Seagate. They are durable and reliable options to use to expand memory. These hard drives encourage better file management.
If you are using an external hard drive of Toshiba brand, the article will teach you how to get back the lost database from Toshiba external hard drive. A hard drive is also an electronic machine. Even it is branded you may face some technical issues. Toshiba users face data inaccessibility problems with the external hard drive of Toshiba. If you are facing a data loss issue with the external hard drive of Toshiba, the article is for you. It focuses on the reasons for data loss and how to get rid of it.
Reasons for Losing Data from the External Drive of Toshiba
Though an external hard drive or internal hard drive looks tough from the outside, they are delicate technical items. Some bad practices and common issues can crash the hard drive and lead to data loss such as shutting down the system forcefully, sudden power surges, and handling the system roughly.
Let’s know some common reasons that cause data loss on Toshiba hard drives:
- While using the drive, the power is fluctuating or increasing and decreasing
- The system turns off all of sudden
- Disconnecting the external drive improperly or an improper manner from the system
- Deleting an important file or app accidentally with shift plus dele button
- Formatting the hard drive in an unplanned manner
- Malware or virus attacks
- Deleting the hard drive’s structures
- Dropped the hard drive accidentally or handling the item improperly
Any of these reasons can make your hard drive unresponsive and you may lose your important databases. As a regular user of the system, you should keep the backup of your database and take appropriate measures to use it for a long time. A few simple steps can keep your hard drive healthy.
Some Common Ways to Get Back Your Data
Here are some common ways to fix the hard drive error that you can take. Follow these steps to recover back your data.
- If the system is not starting or booting, it is better to remove the drive and connect the drive to another system. In case, the system has started but you are cannot able to access the data, the pretty chance is to look for a data recovery tool or data recovery program to get back the data. If you connect with another system and still it doesn’t boot and making a click sound, it means the drive has physical damage. Contact a computer specialist.
- If the hard drive has physical damage, you don’t need to panic. Try to allocate the reason for faults such as faulty PCB or a bad interface board. If it has a faulty PCB, you can recover it. Search the model number of the drive and the PCB of it. PCB is a Printed Circuit Board that allows electricity to pass through various components of the drive. You can replace PCB. But be careful. It is not easy to replace PCB until you have technical skills.
- If you can open the hard drive but unable to access the data, it means the data is deleted accidentally or the drive has gone through formatting. In this situation, don’t create a new file or work on your system to prevent overwriting. When you delete a file, the file is not actually deleted from the system. You can get it back. The space of the deleted file is available to reuse. As you create a new file, it takes the place of the empty space or is overwritten. So if you avoid doing work, you can get back the deleted file.
- You can take the help of a recovery DVD or CD that is available with the Toshiba notebook. It helps in the recovery of the hard drive.
- Do you know some Toshiba laptop is integrated with Toshiba Hard Drive Recovery tool? It is stored in a special partition on the hard disk drive. You can take the help of the program to recover back your hard drive data or hard disk.
Using the Toshiba HDD recovery program on a Toshiba notebook:
- First, restart your PC holding the 0 key
- The utility screen will display with some options
- Restoration original factory image – A common method
- Restore partition C: An Advanced solution
- Restore image to C: An Advanced solution
Carefully, follow all the steps that the utility asks you to follow.
Limitations You May Face
The abovementioned fixes work well, but sometimes they fail to get the desired results because of limitations-
- You need technical help because some fixes need several technical steps. You may confuse and can severely damage the system.
- If you have not received CD recovery, or the system has no HDD recovery utility, you can find yourself become helpless to fix the problem.
- Take your hard drive to a professional if it has physical damage.
If the above measures seem not so helpful, you can take the help of technicians to recover back your data or get a third-party data recovery program to get back your data.