A technical person knows a database better and its usage. For storing important information about the product and its details. Technical people use the MySQL database for saving the information on product details. When they are in need of this information then this can be retrieved from the database.
Many of the IT organizations work with the RDBMS database. This database is utilized for storing a large amount of data. RDBMS is a relational database management system. The developers are well aware of this database management system. Basically some of the structured query language used for storing and retrieving the data.
This can be explained easily to the users by the following example.
Database characteristics and Prominent Help for Developers
Developers use these database features for saving the data and manipulating the same as per their need. For retrieving the details of the product, developers choose the database. Let us take an example of a website that contains a lot of products to sell. The developers try to make a SQL query for inserting the product details in the database.
Why developers choose a database to save the details?
The product details are mostly stored in the database by the developers. An RDBMS database is completely a secure place for storing the data. Many of the hackers can attack the website. Because of which they can steal important details. Thus, intelligent developers work hard to secure the data by inserting important details into the database.
Once the details are saved in the respective table of the database. The developers know how to manipulate the data from the database. They write the different queries as per their need and convenience. Like if they wish to display the products on the website. Then they will trigger the fetch query from the database to get the desired result. Likewise, the different SQL queries can be run for getting the desired output.
One of the Prominent Databases Available as Open Source For Users
The relational database management system is completely free and available as open-source. The developers are free to download the software from the internet. How this database works for manipulating the data. Developers need to write the appropriate queries. Then on the basis of the structured query language, the data will be fetched from a database or even insert in the same.
There are different roles that can be done in the database. The developers can insert, update, create, and delete the data from their respective tables available in the database.
Currently, the owner who is handling MySQL is Oracle. While it was initially developed by MYSQL AB. This was a Swedish company.
There are various formats available for which the MYSQL file supports the different extensions. Let us discuss the file formats. This will really help you with great knowledge.
frm – This file extension used as the table structure file in the database.
db.opt – This file extension consists of the different characteristics of a database. These created at the time of database creation or altering query.
.myd – This file extension helps to store the table data. The name of the table is MyISAM.
.myi – The indexes created in MyISAM stored in the .myi file extension.
.ibd – The indexes and different data contained in InnoDB responsible for saving .ibd files.
MySQL databases can be harmed with various reasons. In such cases, when you are not able to access the database. Users need to restore the respective database for regaining the access to MySQL.
Have a look at the below restore points for recovering the corrupted MySQL database.
Various effective methods to recover MySQL database
- mysqldump command can help to restore the data
In case if users are not able to recover the database which got corrupted. Then, mysqldump command can help to provide immediate solutions. With the help of this command, users can create the database again. This process completes by creating a SQL dump file after making a connection with MySQL.
Follow the below process to recover the database in simple steps:
- Users need to create a new database with the help of MySQL application.
- Now you need to create the database with the same name as was earlier.
- Now with the help of mysqldump
- Follow the below given command and this will help to recover the database.
- mysql -u[user] -p [database_name] < [filename].sql
- In the above command, users need to enter the username and password in place of user. Then at the place of database_name, users need to add the correct database name.
- Then replace the word filename with the database name that you wish to save as .sql file on your computer system.
phpMyAdmin application is beneficial for recovering the database
- Launch and open the application on your system.
- After opening phpMyadmin, check out in the left panel there you will find the New option. Click on that.
- Now, users need to create a database n phpMyadmin. This process can be done by clicking on create button.
- Then choose the option to Import the data from the Import button.
- Under the Import option, users can browse the respective file which they need to import.
- Following the above process, users can recover the MySQL file in a small span of time.
Checkout another process of MySQL Workbench
In this method, users need to take the complete database backup on their computer system. Also, you need to check whether the MySQL server is installed or not on the system.
This method is valid only for InnoDB tables and not compatible with the MyISAM table.
- At first, users need to stop all the services of MySQL.
- Now you need to copy the database folder to a new place in MySQL.
- After that try to restart the service of MySQL.
- Before proceeding to the next process, examine that there should be no error present in MySQL.
- Then open MySQL and check out the left panel to import and restore the data. This will help to recover the MySQL database.